At The Great Blasket Island Experience we are very mindful of the conservation of the Great Blasket Island.
Please play your part in helping to conserve the natural environment of the Great Blasket Island.
Thank you in anticipation of your cooperation on your Blasket Island Tour.
The removal of rubbish from the Island takes significant effort and cost. Please help conserve the Island environment by taking any litter left by you with you.
Water is a special and limited commodity on the Island, please help conserve it. Water is available for sale from the Island Coffee Shop. Do note that any kind of plastic, particularly bottles, are an environmental hazard and special efforts need to be taken by you to transport them back to the mainland where they can be disposed of considerately.
Please prepare yourself with appropriate clothing and equipment as the environment on the Island can be volatile, i.e. protective/warm clothing from the winds and rain, as well as sunscreen and a hat for warmer weather.
Walking/hiking boots with a good grip are recommended for the Island to compensate for the steep hills and dangerous cliffs. Please note it is extremely dangerous to walk near cliff edges.
Any dogs taken on the Island must be strictly kept under the owner’s control. The Island is home to sheep and other animals that need protection.
Transport to and from the Island is weather dependent. Advisories may be obtained from the Blasket Island Ferry Service 086-057 26 26
Snacks are available from the Island Coffee shop providing tea, coffee, scones, soft drinks and light refreshments
The Great Blasket Island Experience
Enjoy the Blasket Islands but Please play your part in helping to conserve the natural environment of the Great Blasket Island.
Choose your Island Experience
The Great Blasket Island Experience; Dingles original speed boat adventure tour.
- 33ft 12 passenger speed boat with both indoor and outdoor seating for extra warmth & comfort.
- Extensive geological and historic explorations.
- An abundance of marine life, birdlife and fauna. Whales, basking sharks, dolphins & seals.
- HIGHLY RECOMMEND Great Blasket Island landing.
- Complimentary tea/coffee served to all our passengers on the Great Blasket Island
- Exclusive use of Island bathroom facilities – Peig Sayers passengers only.
- Free guided history tours of the village and insight into Islanders lives provided by OPW. (weather permitting)
- Explore the white sandy beaches of the Tra Ban, home to one of the largest seal colonies on the Atlantic Coast.
- Spectacular hikes and panoramic views of the surrounding Blasket Islands, Iveragh and Dingle Peninsula.
We ensure all our passengers capture the best Dingle Bay has to offer by boat, allowing visitors to explore at their own ease, experiencing the uniqueness and beauty of the Blasket Islands with this small, personable full day tour.
Please note: 5% non refundable booking fee.
We require a minimum of 9 passengers to run this tour. If this minimum is not met, the trip is subject to cancellation.
Great Blasket Island Accommodation
The Great Blasket Island Accommodation – the ultimate Island Experience.
- Located on a remote Island off the West Coast of Ireland
- Unique Irish getaway steeped in nature, history and wildlife
- Offering simple self-catering accommodation in five restored cottages at the top of the old Blasket Island village.
- Cottages equipped with basic amenities but no more than what is needed to enjoy a unique, peaceful and relaxing getaway.