At The Great Blasket Island Experience we are very mindful of the conservation of the Great Blasket Island.
Please play your part in helping to conserve the natural environment of the Great Blasket Island.
Thank you in anticipation of your cooperation on your Blasket Island Tour.
The removal of rubbish from the Island takes significant effort and cost. Please help conserve the Island environment by taking any litter left by you with you.
Water is a special and limited commodity on the Island, please help conserve it. Water is available for sale from the Island Coffee Shop. Do note that any kind of plastic, particularly bottles, are an environmental hazard and special efforts need to be taken by you to transport them back to the mainland where they can be disposed of considerately.
Please prepare yourself with appropriate clothing and equipment as the environment on the Island can be volatile, i.e. protective/warm clothing from the winds and rain, as well as sunscreen and a hat for warmer weather.
Walking/hiking boots with a good grip are recommended for the Island to compensate for the steep hills and dangerous cliffs. Please note it is extremely dangerous to walk near cliff edges.
Any dogs taken on the Island must be strictly kept under the owner’s control. The Island is home to sheep and other animals that need protection.
Transport to and from the Island is weather dependent. Advisories may be obtained from the Blasket Island Ferry Service 086-057 26 26
Snacks are available from the Island Coffee shop providing tea, coffee, scones, soft drinks and light refreshments
The Great Blasket Island Experience
Enjoy the Blasket Islands but Please play your part in helping to conserve the natural environment of the Great Blasket Island.
Choose your Island Experience
The Great Blasket Island Experience Voted No.1 Tour in Dingle .
- Small 12 passenger boat, both indoor and outdoor seating
- Fungie the Dingle Dolphin.
- Extensive geological tour.
- Abundance of wildlife, birdlife and fauna.
- Great Blasket Island History
- LANDING ON THE GREAT BLASKET ISLAND – highly recommended.
- Complementary tea/coffee in the Great Blasket Island Coffee Shop. *Currently unavailable – coffee shop & toilets closed due to COVID-19*
- Free guided tour on island provided by OPW (SEASONAL)
- Home to one of the largest seal colonies on the Atlantic Coast.
- Spectacular hikes and panoramic views on Great Blasket Island
An intimate and personal tour – the best way to explore Dingle Peninsula and Great Blasket Island
Please note: From 1st May 2020 there is a 5% non refundable booking fee.
Great Blasket Island Accommodation
The Great Blasket Island Accommodation – a unique Island Expereince.
- Located on a remote island off the west coast of Ireland
- Ultimate Irish getaway steeped in nature, history and wildlife
- Offering simple self-catering accommodation in five restored cottages at the top of the old Blasket Island village.
- Cottage equipped with basic amenities but no more than what is needed to enjoy a unique, peaceful and relaxing getaway.